This week, we release the second episode of our Quality Matters podcast, a show for health care professionals working to improve the quality of care in the health care setting.
Does anyone else out there have trouble getting time on their CEO’s schedule? Well try telling your CEO that you want to record a podcast with THEM as the featured speaker. That appointment you made on their calendar will get pushed back every passing hour. Well I finally convinced him to be interviewed for today’s podcast. It’s amazing what you can accomplish just by putting brownies in the conference room.
Today, Dr. Butt gives us a bit of insight into why he started Medisolv. We also discuss how quality reporting in the health care setting has changed over the past two decades. And we wrap up with thoughts about the future of quality reporting especially as it relates to physicians.
Who we talked to:
Dr. Zahid Butt is a board-certified gastroenterologist and the former director of clinical informatics at St. Agnes Healthcare. He has worked in the healthcare field for over 25 years and is a current member of the HIMSS Quality and Patient Safety Committee. He previously chaired the HIMSS Performance Measurement Taskforce for three years and is the co-chair of the National Quality Forum (NQF) / ONC sponsored Value Set Harmonization Committee. He is a nationally-recognized expert in quality measurement and has served on several CMS Technical Expert Panels to develop and maintain quality measures for future quality reporting programs. In recognition for his expertise in eCQMs Dr. Butt was recently appointed to The Joint Commission’s Pioneers in Quality Committee.
What we cover:
- Dr. Zahid’s Butt’s career history
- The history of electronic quality reporting and how it has changed in the last 20 years
- His opinion on the new requirements for hospitals and physicians
- The future of mandatory regulations
- The Quality Payment Program created by the MACRA legislation
- Tips for clinicians who are struggling to understand the MIPS program
Data Driven Patient Care: Using eCQM Validation for Performance Improvement
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
1 p.m. ET | 12 p.m. CT | 10 a.m. PT
What does your eCQM data tell you about your clinical documentation processes, data management and ultimately, the quality of care of patient’s in your hospital?
For the past few years, many hospitals have been focused on simply setting up eCQMs to meet the minimum reporting requirements. For most, the idea that eCQMs could accurately reflect the quality of care in a hospital setting and initiate actionable change is unimaginable.
In this free educational webinar, Medisolv will share tips from their most successful hospitals and how they improved their eCQM results to help drive performance improvement.
If you’ve already implemented eCQMs, but you aren’t sure what to do next, this webinar is for you. Meet your regulatory reporting requirements and drive performance improvement activities at your hospital.
- Review common challenges facing hospitals during eCQM data validation;
- Construct a plan to improve your eCQM results;
- Identify common errors when performing eCQM data validation and recognize how to locate and address gaps in performance;
- Identify the requirements for regulatory programs requiring eCQM submission.