Medisolv's Clients Outperform the National Average for MIPS in 2017
Columbia, MD, December 27, 2018—Medisolv, Inc., a recognized leader in quality management and reporting, is proud to announce that its clinician clients outperformed the overall national average for MIPS—under the Quality Payment Program (QPP)—in 2017.
Collectively, Medisolv’s clients earned a total average MIPS score of 88 points, which was 14 points higher than the national average of 74 points. Medisolv’s small and rural practices also outperformed expectations with significantly higher scores than the national average.
For 2017, eligible clinicians were required to submit measures in at least one of the three MIPS categories: Quality, Advancing Care Information and Improvement Activities. Depending upon their final MIPS score from CMS, clinicians received either a penalty or an increase to their 2019 Medicare reimbursement fee schedule. In addition to their reimbursement earnings, eligible clinicians who achieved 70 points or higher qualified to receive a portion of the Exceptional Performance Bonus money from CMS.
Medisolv’s clients worked with Medisolv’s clinical experts to ensure successful MIPS results:
- 92% of Medisolv’s clients scored above 70 points, which was 21% higher than the national average of 71%.
Small & Rural Practices
- Medisolv’s small practice clients scored an average total MIPS score of 84 points, which was 41 points higher than the national small practice average of 43 points.
- 83% of Medisolv’s small practice clients scored above 70 points, which was 39% higher than the national small practice average of 44%.
- Medisolv’s rural practice clients scored an average total MIPS score of 82 points, which was 19 points higher than the national rural practice average of 63 points.
- 85% of Medisolv’s rural practice clients scored above 70 points, which was 20% higher than the national rural practice average of 65%.
“We are proud of the work our clients have done alongside our clinical experts which translated into higher than national average results across the board,” said Dr. Zahid Butt, CEO of Medisolv. “It is obvious to us that software alone won’t ensure success; software must be paired with guidance from clinical experts. This system of performance improvement was instrumental in helping our clients outperform the national averages by significant percentages.”
For more information about Medisolv’s quality reporting and management solutions, visit: https://medisolv.com/products/encor-quality-reporting-software/.
Erin Heilman is the Marketing Director for Medisolv, Inc.